Term and Conditions of Knock Knock D&T Service
- This agreement will remain in effect for an initial term of one year from the Effective Date and will renew upon agreement of both parties for successive One-year terms.
- The Company is responsible for the quality, preparation and the right packaging of the food for transport.
- Knock Knock is responsible for handling and transporting the order during delivery with care, as such to maintain the safety and integrity of the products and delivering the order to the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- Either party is entitled to terminate this agreement at any time by delivering written notice of termination to the other Party at least 30 days before the intended termination date.
- Knock Knock has the right to refuse delivery if this is outside the delivery area or such delivery represents a danger to independent or property of Knock Knock.
- Independent drivers will not accept orders in cash or check. Any cash or check order giving to the driver is under company risk. Knock Knock Delivery service doesn’t cover cash or check orders.
- If the food or product is damaged during the transportation, and the customer asks for another food or product, the damaged one needs to be given to the driver in order to Knock Knock to pay for it. The delivery charge will not apply for the reposition of the damaged order.
- In case of inclement weather: Flood, Storm, etc. Knock Knock may suspend its services temporarily.
- Knock Knock charges for each delivery, including those necessary to correct errors in orders made by Company staff.
- All tips are for the independent courier without any deduction. Any deductions required by the Company must be agreed in writing in this agreement, otherwise, the tip must be paid in full under any circumstance. If the Company withholds or stops paying the tips for any reason not agreed in this agreement, the information for any collection action will be provided to the independent courier who will proceed with any actions he deems necessary.
- Knock Knock. Promises that under normal circumstances it will make deliveries within 60 minutes of receiving notice of orders. In case any delivery exceeds the stipulated time for dispatch and Company customer’s complaints, Knock Knock will compensate the customer with this following criteria after 60 minutes since the order was requested:
From 1 to 10 minutes
Free delivery fee
11 to 15
15 to 20
21 to 30
31 or more
This not apply under extreme weather and unexpected circumstance (Roads close by police, accidents, or fires) or holidays.
Agreement for mobile payments with credit cards and debit cards:
- Knock Knock will remit weekly to the company any credit collected payments for orders delivered.
- Knock Knock Couriers do not process credit card payments remotely or offline. If the customer does not have a credit card at the time of the delivery, the courier will contact the Company so it can charge the customer directly.
- Knock Knock can refuse to make a charge to a card if it considers that the transaction is suspicious or fraudulent.
- In case the Company makes use of its credit card system:
Knock Knock will provide pictures of the credit card tickets.
Sales through apps or shopping cards:
- Knock Knock will make the payment of online orders weekly.
- The Company must communicate by e-mail to Knock Knock which products do not want to be offered in the online menu.
- Knock Knock. will be notified through its Knock Knock Application, e-mail, or call of any order to be picked up and delivered by the independent courier.
- The Company is responsible for the quality, preparation, and correct packaging of the order for transportation.
- Knock Knock will charge a $4.00 fee for each delivery including those necessary to correct errors in orders made by Company staff.
- Embedded content from other websites.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- The Company must pay for the services and tips through ACH.
- All invoices for delivery services, tablets, technological platforms, and other services must be paid without deductions.
- Payments for the delivery fee and service fee will be twice per week.
- Knock Knock will suspend its delivery services if the Company fails to make payments for two weeks.
- Any invoices with 30 days past due will be subject to a late penalty monthly charge equal to 5% of the total past due amount until the invoice is paid in full or the maximum allowed by the law.
- The Company agrees to pay all reasonable attorney’s fees and or other fees or costs if the account is placed with an attorney for collection.
- If the Company does not pay an invoice for more than 30 calendar days, Knock Knock will send this invoice to a collection agency.
- This Contract and any claim or action related thereto will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The use of hardware, software, app, technology, and the Odin platform:
- Your use of Knock Knock software or hardware products is based on the software license and other terms and conditions in effect for the product at the time of signing this agreement with Knock Knock.
- Software. Subject to all terms and conditions in this Agreement, Knock Knock grants to the Company a nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicenseable right and license to use the Software and the Documentation for internal Company purposes for the subscription term specified in this agreement.
- Subscription Fee. The company agrees to pay Knock Knock the subscription Fee. The amount of this fee is $25. The Subscription Fee will be charged monthly through ACH.
- Confidentiality. Except for the specific rights granted by this Agreement, Company shall not possess, use or disclose any Confidential Information without Licensor’s prior written consent, and shall use reasonable care to protect the Confidential Information. Company may only disclose Confidential Information to its employees and contractors who have a need to know for the purposes of this Agreement and who are bound by confidentiality obligations that are at least as protective as the provisions herein. The licensee shall be responsible for any breach of confidentiality by its employees and contractors. Promptly after any termination of this Agreement (or at Licensor’s request at any other time), Company shall return all tangible Confidential Information, permanently erase all Confidential Information from any storage media and destroy all information, records and materials developed therefrom.